Diode Lasers Go the Extra Mile
At Dietrich & Kelso Orthodontics, we know that you want more than an aligned bite—you want a stunning smile that you can show off confidently!
Laser gum recontouring can help you get the perfect smile you've dreamed of with comfortable, safe treatment.
The diode laser is one tool that allows us to optimize and improve your smile.
These lasers are comfortable, safe, and very effective, and the procedure is done with a strong topical anesthetic, so no shots are necessary!
What Is Laser Gum Contouring?
Laser gum contouring, or gum reshaping, is a treatment we use to correct the gum line by removing excess tissue and creating an even gum line. We’ll start by applying the topical anesthetic to the area you want to address.
Once you’re feeling numb, we’ll use the diode laser to remove the extra tissue and give your gum tissue the ideal shape.
Laser gum contouring at Dietrich & Kelso Orthodontics can address:
- Uneven gums
- Excessive gum tissue
- Teeth that are hidden by gum tissue
- Periodontal procedures
Benefits of Diode Laser Treatment
Orthodontic lasers have many ways to help you, like:
- Decreasing the appearance of a "gummy smile"
- Cosmetic shaping of gum tissue to give your teeth ideal proportions (proper width/height ratio)
- Reducing swollen, overgrown gum tissue to improve your oral hygiene and appearance
- Expose (uncover) impacted teeth to decrease your total orthodontic treatment time